Sep 26, 2012 Uncategorized
Preparedness is such an oh-so-serious business. Most of our time is focused on overcoming the negative things that can happen and sometimes we forget to prepare for the fun things that can happen! That’s what I’ll be writing about today.
Here’s a list of things to do to get prepared to have a fun, family focused, fall and winter:
Now’s the time to get ready for…winter. I could give you a mundane list of chores, and I will, but first here’s some more fun things to prepare for!
- Wax the toboggans – parafin wax works well
- Stock up on hot chocolate; and your favourite winter teas
- Create a reading list for the winter months – preparedness family?
- Look for recipes you can make on, or in, a wood stove cooking
- Build ramps for above toboggans
- Make wood forms for building packed snow igloos – simple boxes really
- Plan your Spring Break trip, if you do that sort of thing
- Pick up a new indoor hobby – knitting is fun I hear
- Learn a new language with a podcast
- Download childhood favourite tv shows and share with your kids
Why not take some time and download our free podcasts to listen to on those warm nights inside, while the snow blows?
Any other ideas??? Head on over to the forum and take part in the conversation. There’s always something to share and something to learn. Our forums are well moderated and always free to join.